Technical Writer – Rochester, NY
Dox is hiring a Technical Writer who has strong organizational, planning, and communication skills with experience in and understanding of the Information Technology field in Rochester, NY.
Do you enjoy the ins and outs of IT work? Do you have a meticulous eye when it comes to writing and editing? This position may be perfect for you!
About Dox: Since 1982, Dox has been providing professional IT Support for organizations in upstate New York from Albany to Niagara Falls. We deliver enterprise-level services and solutions at prices small businesses can afford. Time and experience have helped us develop best practices and workflow procedures around a proactive philosophy designed to keep our clients’ focus on their business, not their technology.
At Dox, we believe you should love what you do and be passionate in your pursuits. Our employees dedicate themselves to fulfilling the needs of our clients and, in turn, the company invests thousands each year in training them so they can grow in their careers. We like to promote from within the company and offer room for upward mobility, career development, and infinite potential. We treat our employees like family and offer a supportive, exciting, and entertaining work environment.
- Collegiate Information Technology concentration or professional experience with IT.
- Knowledgeability of servers and switches.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Must be detail oriented, precise and accurate.
- Ability to grasp complex technical concepts and work with LAN/WAN engineers to make them easily understandable using text and pictures.
- Ability to follow SOP’s and update them as needed.
- Availability to work 20-30 hours per week.
Other Professional Skills:
- Articulate communicator, fluent in English with excellent listening skills.
- Self-motivated and ambitious.
- A drive to meet goals and deadlines.
- A team player who isn't a clock watcher.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face-to-face. Some travel may be required.
- Vacation/Sick Time
- 7 Paid Holidays
- 401K with Matching
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Weekly Company Luncheons
- Quarterly team outings