Bookkeeper/Human Resources Assistant – Rochester, NY
Dox is hiring a Bookkeeper/Human Resources Assistant who has strong organizational, planning, and communication skills with a record of successful deployments in Rochester, NY.
Do you enjoy working with people? Do you have experience with managing the ins and outs of a business? The ideal candidate will be responsible for Human Resources (with the exclusion of hiring and firing), and accounting functions with strong attention to detail, and excellent inter-personal skills. You will work with all members of the Dox Electronics team to facilitate interoffice issues and queries as well as assisting with accounting and business management.
About Dox: Since 1982, Dox has been providing professional IT Support for organizations in upstate New York from Albany to Niagara Falls. We deliver enterprise-level services and solutions at prices small businesses can afford. Time and experience have helped us develop best practices and workflow procedures around a proactive philosophy designed to keep our clients’ focus on their business, not their technology.
At Dox, we believe you should love what you do and be passionate in your pursuits. Our employees dedicate themselves to fulfilling the needs of our clients and, in turn, the company invests thousands each year in training them so they can grow in their careers. We like to promote from within the company and offer room for upward mobility, career development, and infinite potential. We treat our employees like family and offer a supportive, exciting, and entertaining work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be located in Rochester, NY area, within 25 miles of our office.
- Maintain account reconciliations for identified balance sheet accounts.
- Ability to manage financial reporting and to perform cash flow forecasting and job costing.
- Must have working knowledge of Peach Tree, Quickbooks, Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Facilitate period end closing on a timely basis to the trial balance stage.
- Must display meticulous attention to detail and precision in reporting (monthly, quarterly and year-end).
- Ability to complete several Human Resource functions as well as accurately completing paperwork related to HR.
- Must observe strict confidentiality.
- Perform other accounting functions as required or requested by the Accounting Manager or Controller.
Other Professional Skills:
- Articulate communicator, fluent in English with excellent listening skills.
- Proficient time management skills and able to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and ambitious.
- Great written and oral skills.
- A team player who isn't a clock watcher.
- Excellent skills in maintaining relationships with employees, clients and other external parties.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face-to-face.
- Vacation/Sick Time
- 7 Paid Holidays
- 401K with Matching
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Weekly Company Luncheons
- Quarterly team outings